Angels are truly universal. The Pew Foundation reported that 72% of Americans believe in angels. This is a much higher percentage than those who believe in any world religion, because angels are fundamental to most of the world’s major religions. We find them in Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Mormonism and many other spiritual traditions.
St. Augustine, an authority on Angels, said, “Make friends with angels.” He recommended that we make personal relationships with angels and that we let our relationships with them deepen, much as we would with any important, intimate relationship.
Asking an angel for help is one of our most powerful spiritual practices. We ask the angels for immediate help at any time and in any place. Here are some techniques that will help us:
1) Ask for help – Angels offer us help 24/7. The more receptive we are, the more help they give us. If we diminish our receptivity we limit the angels ability to help us. Creating our own invocations, or prayers, we specifically call for the help we need. Realize that when we call upon an angel, what really happens is that we open ourself, we become receptive to their assistance.
When asking for help, it’s important to realize ourselves as fully worthy of angelic assistance. Angels work with everyone regardless of personal histories and beliefs. Angels are infinite and omnipresent, our request does not diminish them in any way, nor does it affect their ability to help the rest of us at the same time. They exist beyond our experience of time and space and respond to everyone with complete unconditional love.
2) Connect with our inner divine child as we call upon the angels and ask for their help. Our inner divine child is whole, innocent and true and recognizes angels as trustworthy gifts of the Creator. This will help create openness, receptivity, excitement, eagerness and wonder as we prepare to receive the gifts our angels have prepared for us.
3) Hand everything over to the angels when we ask for their help: every issue, problem, worry and fear as well as every good intention and positive outcome we imagine as the result of our request. Release all expectations of how our request will be answered.
4) Express Appreciation and Gratitude. Find and express genuine appreciation and gratitude for things exactly as they are. If we are struggling with this, ask the angels to help us find the love that is present in whatever difficulty we face. Have patience with this and let go of any expectation of how this love may be revealed to us.
5) Know that it is done. Every request is answered and help is always given. If we fear that our request will not be answered, then also ask for help in understanding. Ask for help in believing. Trust that we will see the love in every answered prayer. Known completely and loved unconditionally by the angels, nothing that will serve us is ever withheld.
6) Act quickly on the guidance we receive. Accept the opportunity and act upon it immediately. Angelic help is infinite and unlimited, we will not use it up or run out of it. We cannot ask for “too much” and the angels are joyously happy to give to us without limit. The faster we act, the faster we receive more assistance!
7) Celebrate ourselves exactly as we are in this moment. Leave critical judgments or negative feelings about ourselves, our life, or others in the hands of the angels for healing. Even if it is just for a few moments, let go of everything that is not of love for ourself and everything around us. In this moment of surrender much more will be done for us by the angels than we accomplish on our own. Thank ourselves and the angels for deepening the relationship between us.
Hopefully this article gave us some helpful steps to connect more deeply with our Angels for help and assistance. Remember, Angels will be at our side with every step we take today. Angels are always with us and are eager to help.